Re: [dev] [sbase] style

From: M Farkas-Dyck <strake888_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 11:35:04 -0500

On 18/11/2014, Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:
> On a side note here, for a failing syscall or similar, I think the
> idea is to check for < 0 rather than == -1. I am not opposed to the
> latter except that is already used less frequently in sbase.

On an edge note, it would be much saner for many syscalls and libc
functions to return minus the error code rather than return -1 and set
errno, and in the future suckless-dominated world we could do so. The
OpenBSD kernel already often does so internally. To check < 0 rather
than == -1 would ease transition.

Oh, and MAP_FAILED == 0 ought.