Re: [dev] why avoid install?

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:22:02 +0100

i have a two line shellscript that can replace 99% use of pkg-config,
because its just grep and
cut with few conditionals. that's why i was proposing to have a suckless
pkg-config. I know
that that suckless tends to prefer people doing static linking or no
linking at all and having
everything on fixed paths. But srsly, pkg-config is a nice way to allow
people find libs and
includes for a project. even if you want multiple versions of them you
can select them by
changing the PKG_CONFIG_PATH for example which i find it handy.

I didnt knew that pkg-conf thing, but perl or 900 lines seems still too
bloated for me.