Re: [dev] why avoid install?

From: pancake <pancake_AT_youterm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 21:58:02 +0100

another anoying thing of pkg-config is that it uses longopt

--libs can be -l
--cflags can be -c
--list-all can be -a
--version can be -v

but if we want it to be compatible we should handle the longopt ones :(

the only "complicated" part is the version number comparison, because
its not just a number vs number, some packages use a very fucked up
version number. but i doubt we should support them. version numbers
should be *easy* to read and parse.