Re: [dev] [sbase] style

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:05:03 +0100

On 19 November 2014 15:46, Dimitris Papastamos <sin_AT_2f30.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 03:43:03PM +0100, Markus Teich wrote:
>> for structs I hate to use a typedef since it hides the fact that it is a struct
>> beeing handled. If you propose that the only names starting with an uppercase
>> letter are structs, then this is kind of consistent in itself if you know about
>> this rule, but external people usually don't start digging by reading the style
>> guidelines.
>
> I'd rather not hide structs in typedefs. I could do with a typedef
> perhaps when declaring a function pointer and then using an array of function
> pointers or similar but that's about it to be honest.

I think the suggested guideline is about names of structs being
capitalized. In suckless software is is common practice to typedef
such structs if they are used by composition in other structs or
signatures, to avoid the ugly "struct" keyword all over the place.

I guess Evans suggestion took this in mind, hence I agree with this rule.

BR,
Anselm