Re: [dev] Operating system choice

From: Calvin Morrison <mutantturkey_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:53:11 -0500

On 19 November 2014 14:32, Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu> wrote:
> On 11/19/2014 01:19 PM, Josh Lawrence wrote:
>> I'm curious to know what flavor of *nix people on this list use on a
>> day-to-day basis.

for linux, I use debian across the board, it makes it easier for me to
deal with getting my development/use setup across multiple machines.
This plus NFS gives me almost identical usage across different
destkops / servers. I do have different setup for my laptop, but it's
simply a slightly modified version of my i3 config and additional
laptop power saving tools.

otherwise I use plan9 on some servers, and I have a box running Haiku
just for fun (it's actually rather coherent)

Calvin