Re: [dev] Patches to fix . for insert and change commands

From: Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:49:19 +0100

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM, Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:
> The whole repeating implementation probably needs a overhaul. A redesign
> should also consider howto implement macro support. Then the . command
> would simply replay a short macro. I will have to give it some more
> thought but unfortunately I don't have the time right now ...

I have wanted to work on this for months now but still haven't written
a line of code *sigh*...

What I would envision is a way to just execute a command buffer that
contains an array of chars. In regular usage you would just read from
stdin while for '.' and macros you could just pass the saved command
in form of a char array for easy processing/replay.

I still want to work on a proof-of-concept implementation but given my
track record I wouldn't hold my breath...