Re: [dev] Operating system choice

From: koneu <koneu93_AT_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:50:40 +0100

Hand-crafted Linux distro on my desktop, maintaining it is a pain in the
ass so might switch to Gentoo soon. I am currently using root to log in
and run each "package" with a different uid (was supposed to be an
experiment but it worked somewhat well) which might be hard to do on
Gentoo.
Arch with uselessd on my laptop, it allows great configurability in my
opinion, has an amazing package manager and is easy to maintain.
I would love to run netbsd but it currently lacks support for _any_
hardware.