Re: [dev] [sbase] style

From: Maxime Coste <frrrwww_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 14:19:46 +0000

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 07:56:29AM +0100, anselm_AT_garbe.us wrote:
> > But regarding the typedefs for structs: C has only a few namespace
> > features, so lets not dismantle the probably most used one, alright?
> > "struct stat" can be something different from "stat()"! I like that
> > namespace thing so much I even use it in C++ (declaring objects with
> > "class foo object;"). Not that I use C++ all that often, but, you know,
> > professional obligations and shit.
>
> Why do you bring typedefs in correlation with namespaces?

I think you are confusing the C namespaces (struct names are in a different
namespace than function names) and C++ ones. Markus was talking of the former.

By the way, C++ ones have nothing to do with OOP, its just a way of solving
name clashes, it provides language support for an already existing practice
in C, where almost every reasonable library will prefix all its external
symbol with some 'lib_' prefix.

Maxime.