Re: [dev] Conference in Munich?

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:08:39 +0100

On 19 November 2014 19:33, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:35:12 +0100
> Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It was agreed upon and dictated at the first slcon, that the next is
>> to be held in Budapest.
>
> Was there as reason or did the user trolls attending the last one
> just have fun pissing off most of the suckless-contributors?

The reason is the rotation principle. We agree on the next location at
each conference.

> There's no reason to have a conference in Budapest when most people
> come from a completely different part of the world.
> However, I think we could put together some data on who lives where
> and then actually mark down a good place for it to happen.

We will do that to define the place the 3rd conference.

>> People living in Germany/Czech Republic/England can easily afford a
>> flight to Budapest. The planning of the next slcon will soon start.
>
> I can't afford a flight + stay in Budapest, because I'm a poor student.
> I could use up my savings, but how much sense does this make when we
> could just meet somewhere that was cheapest for everyone?

Nobody of the other attendees want's to spent a fortune either. Trust
me the meal/accommodation costs will compensate for the slightly
higher travel costs in your case compared to Munich.

BR,
Anselm