Re: [dev] GCC situation

From: Dmitrij D. Czarkoff <czarkoff_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:54:01 +0100

Anselm R Garbe said:
> I see a lot of opportunity in a decent C-only compiler. Not sure if
> OpenBSD achieved anything wrt its pcc porting efforts that Uriel once
> pushed for.

It was not pcc effort, and it is not even in OpenBSD source tree any
more. The project's site¹ says it is mostly complete C99 compiler. I
tried it quite a while ago, and it did fairly well with suckless
projects. It had no support for GNU extentions though.

I believe it is not actively developed for several years, and it seems
to have lost its momentum.

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff
¹ http://pcc.ludd.ltu.se/