Re: [dev] Does suckless need a separate list for general discussion?

From: Bigby James <bigby.james_AT_crepcran.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:27:13 -0600

On 11/24, Nick wrote:
> Quoth Charlie Kester:
> > If there are enough people who want to keep this dev list restricted to
> > discussion of proposed patches or other concrete work on suckless
> > projects, perhaps there should be a separate list for more general discussion?
>
> No, I think most people here like the mixture of more general /
> philosophical and code stuff. I don't follow the hackers list, but I
> really like the patches and comments I see being here, in the same
> place as other discussion. There are threads I'm not that interested
> in, but I just skip them.

I only rarely chime in here, but reading the chaotic bullshiting on this list
warms my heart every time. There are occasions where it gets a bit thick (I seem
to remember the discussion on vis branching off, like, seven different ways),
but usually it's fine.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams