[dev] Project ideas: goblin

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:08:48 -0500

From http://suckless.org/project_ideas:
> Write the most useful unix userland commands in the new Go language
> created by Google to form a robust base for future Unix-like
> userlands that do not suffer from the vulnerabilities that are
> common in C or C++ code.

Is anyone still interested in this? I am tempted to dabble in this.
I do not share the love of C that a lot of the suckless programmers
seem to have (though I do share the hatred of C++), and I think that a
higher level language would have a lot of advantages.

However, it seems pointless to proceed unless the Go version is going
to supplant the C version. Why have the duplication?

Has anyone taken a stab at this? Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service