Re: [dev] [surf] tabs and clipboard

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 16:47:09 +0100

Greetings.

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015 16:47:09 +0100 Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de> wrote:
> Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> > I just try to elaborate if it’s useful to have this as default in surf. Most
> > touchpads have a three mouse button emulation by mapping certain parts of
> > it to the mouse buttons. This isn’t an option on your Laptop?
>
> Heyho,
>
> As far as I understand, the touchpad can be configured in any way you like with
> synaptics, but since this would be the only case where I need a middle mouse
> button and I don't want the „open new single window“ feature, it is most easy
> for me to patch this one line. To be honest I found it a little surprising and
> inconsistent when I noticed, that ctrl-button1 (new single window) and
> context menu -> „open in new window“ (new tab) did something different. Maybe
> this should be consistent and configurable in config.h?

There’s an extra mode other browsers don’t have to care about. Even if
it’s fixed in tabbed to have a more dynamic release and addition of tabs
the concept of embedding wouldn’t be useful anymore. It’s still under‐
used as it could be. Instead separate sub‐standards evolved in every ap‐
plication. I don’t see any need for further research into this direction
as of now to have more embedding everywhere.

Separating the button events into config.h should be possible. I would
welcome a patch.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann