Re: [dev] st: selecting text affects both primary and clipbaord

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 14:39:49 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015, at 02:18 PM, stanio_AT_cs.tu-berlin.de wrote:
> * Greg Reagle 2015-02-20 20:07
> > It is true that the only reason I select text in st is to copy it, but I
> > still don't want it clobbering my clipboard.
>
> does the current behaviour break some scripts or habits of yours and
> how?

No scripts, but habit--yes. I am in the habit of using the clipboard
and primary selections independently, carrying different data in them.
I moved from xterm to st. But it's not just xterm, *no other program* I
use sets the clipboard from merely selecting text, and there is good
reason for this.

I have applied the patch posted to the list recently, so that st behaves
in the way that I like. It is no longer causing me any trouble. It is
still my opinion that the default behavior of st should change, but
that's just my opinion. It would be nice to at least to have the patch
included at http://st.suckless.org/patches/.

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are