[dev] [surf] Webapps in Surf

From: Jeroen Op 't Eynde <jeroen_AT_simplistic.be>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 21:22:26 +0100

Hi all!

I've looking for a way to run several webapps in Surf. At my workplace
they use a lot of Google Apps and Hipchat. Google Apps haven't worked
at all since I'm using Surf and recently also Hipchat and Google
Calendar broke.

I first thought this may be due to webkitgtk-2.0, so I successfully
replaced it with webkitgtk-3.0 but no luck on the webapps front.

I've also looked at the std output, giving me various javascript
errors. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Can anyone
help me out on this?

** Message: console message: _AT_0: Unable to post message to
https://docs.google.com. Recipient has origin
https://drive.google.com.

** Message: console message: _AT_0: Blocked a frame with origin
"https://docs.google.com" from accessing a frame with origin
"https://drive.google.com". Protocols, domains, and ports must match.

** Message: console message:
https://docs.google.com/static/spreadsheets2/client/js/2179867742-ritz_waffle_i18n_core.js
_AT_2867: TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'imb.open')

Some background information:

I've forked Surf here: https://github.com/Duologic/surf and merged
upstream into it.
I'm running on Arch Linux with Awesome window manager, but I don't
think that has anything to do with it.

I bet there are other Surf users out there that (would like to) use
Google Apps and other in Surf. Maybe someone already has a fix for
this?

Thanks!

Jeroen Op 't Eynde