Re: [dev] [sbase][patch] test: a little cleanup

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 17:28:02 +0100

On Sat, 7 Mar 2015 18:10:09 +0100
"Roberto E. Vargas Caballero" <k0ga_AT_shike2.com> wrote:

> NOTREACHED is the traditional comment and it is understood by dozen of
> lint incarnations (although I guess gcc ignores it), so my vote is to
> keep NOTREACHED.

HEY ROBERTO,

THE ISSUE WITH ALL-CAPS NOTATIONS IN GENERAL IS THAT IT ADDS ATTENTATIVE
AND SHOUTNESS TO EXPRESSIONS WHICH BEAR NO HIGHER RELEVANCE THAN ANY
OTHER COMMENT.
ALSO, WHO CARES ABOUT SOME BEHAVIOUR OF IMPLEMENTATIONS? THE POINT HERE
IS TO WRITE CODE WHICH LOOKS GOOD.
WHEN I WORK ON CODE AND SEE "NOTREACHED" EVERYWHERE, THIS DISTRACTS ME
LIKE HELL.

CHEERS

FRIGN

--