Re: [dev] [st] Backspace is now Linux

From: Sébastien POHER <sbphr_AT_volted.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 22:09:00 +0100

Hi everybody,

Le mardi 10 mars 2015 à 12:03:39, Christoph Lohmann a écrit :
> St now has the Linux behaviour of Backspace as a default. Please change
> your configuration back from not using any strange backspace hacks.
>
> From now on new rules apply:
>
> Backspace == \177
> Delete == \033[3~
>
> I hope you get the new logic. Suckless police patrols will control this
> new knowledge. Disobedience will be sentenced.

That's good news.
Talking about st keys behaviour : a while ago I was looking for a way to hack my st in
order to have alt + backspace deleting the previous word and I found [1].

It doesn't seem to be applied anymore by default.
Any reason for that ?

As a simple user and lurker of this mailing lists, I'll like to take this
opportunity to thank the suckless dev community for its work and the quality
of the softwares it provides. I use them everyday both at work and at home
and I'm perfectly happy with them.

Regards,

[1] http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1211/13437.html
--