Re: [dev] st: selecting text affects both primary and clipbaord

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:18:49 -0400

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015, at 05:02 PM, Christoph Lohmann wrote:
> The text convinced me that st did it wrong. It is now using primary just
> for the selection. Are there any good suggestions for the shortcut to
> copy to the clipboard? Ctrl + y does interfere with everything.

My two cents . . .

It could go the CUA route and do Shift+Insert for paste (from clipboard)
and Control+Insert for copy (to clipboard).

It could go the other way and do a variant of Ctrl+C for copy and Ctrl+V
for paste. I wouldn't use them directly because the programs running in
st probably need those keys. So Alt+Ctrl+C/V or Shitf+Ctrl+C/V or
Alt+C/V.

Also, it could provide key bindings for both CUA and the other way. I
don't think that would complicate the code much.

I don't think ther *needs* to be a key for paste from primary selection
since that is what the middle button does, but it wouldn't hurt to
provide a key. Maybe we have some X users who hate touching their
mouse.

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service