Re: [dev] st: selecting text affects both primary and clipbaord

From: Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:49:45 +0100

Greetings.

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:49:45 +0100 Kai Hendry <hendry_AT_iki.fi> wrote:
> My 2 cents: Suggestions to use 3 keys to copy & paste SUCK
>
> Can we please have feature parity with MacOSX?
>
> cmd-c, cmd-v

NEVER. Mac OS X users have to tortured and explictly selected for even
more torture than customers.

> I guess cmd is that Windows key (keycode 133, Super_L?) on non-Apple
> hardware. Heavens know how to make cmd-c, cmd-v work in Chrome.

I don’t support proprietary platforms.

> BONUS: Keep selection in the clipboard after I close the terminal
> window.

Changing the X11 protocol is not an intention of st. You will have to
add your own clipboard manager for this.

> Before anyone asks _which_ clipboard, my brain can only model one
> clipboard between any application. I'm sorry. I'm stupid.

That’s why you are an Apple user.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann