Re: [dev] Re: [dwm] [libsl] Xft and fallback fonts support

From: Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 08:28:15 -0700

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 01:41:11PM +0300, Yury Shvedov wrote:
> Please don't be hurry. I got close to the last systray's problem
> solution. I hope I will fix it today.

Alright. On a related note, it turns out my fix for the missing icons
doesn't actually work. I'm not sure why I kept seeing (c->win == 0)
especially since I have compiler optimizations disabled. After looking
into the issue some more, I did discover that the size properties of the
invisible icons are unusually large. For example, using gdb to inspect
wa.width and wa.height on the phantom icons yields that the icon is
200x200 pixels. Interestingly enough, the phantom icon problem never
happens on my work machine which runs a variant of Ubuntu whereas I use
Debian stable on my home PC, so I can't help but wonder if the phantom
icon problem is a library issue that's been solved in a newer release of
X11.

Eric