Re: [dev] [vis] buffer_alloc issues

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 20:27:15 +0200

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 15:45:50 +0200
Silvan Jegen <s.jegen_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Silvan,

> This is true. In a memory-overcommitting system like Linux, however,
> this should not be a problem in practice since realloc should never fail.
>
> Nevertheless, Marc *may* take a patch for this issue.

how often are you going to repeat this bullshit?
You _always_ check the return-value, as overcommitting is insane and some
hipster-crap which is anything but suckless.

Just grep the vis-sources for *alloc and guard it with if's, or write simple
alloc-wrappers as we did for sbase and ubase (emalloc, ereallocarray, ...).

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>