Re: [dev] [dwm] libdraw fixes (drw_rect) and default config font change

From: Hiltjo Posthuma <hiltjo_AT_codemadness.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 23:47:18 +0200

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Eric Pruitt <eric.pruitt_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 04, 2015 at 10:46:51PM +0200, Hiltjo Posthuma wrote:
>> These are some fixes and improvements for dwm.
>
> You changed the dmenufont argument, but mainline dmenu
> (http://git.suckless.org/dmenu) does not support Xft which is why I left
> it unchanged when I submitted that patch.

You're right, but if the libdraw changes for dmenu will get merged
this is correct. Depending on what will happen this can be applied or
not.

> I also don't think it's a good idea to remove the other fonts from the
> fonts array because the end user will have no clue why that's variable
> is an array without reading the source code. Alternatively, you could
> could make the comment above "fonts" more verbose.

I think the use of uncommon "VL Gothic" and "WenQuanYi Micro Hei" is a
bit strange atleast. But yea maybe it should be left unchanged, it's
easy enough to change anyway.

Thanks for the feedback!,
Hiltjo