Re: [dev] surf release?

From: Joerg Jung <mail_AT_umaxx.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2015 17:33:03 +0200

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 05:14:17PM +0200, Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM, Joerg Jung <mail_AT_umaxx.net> wrote:
>
> From the average suckless user's view, knowing what source is compiled
> and what config included is always wanted and preferred over other
> people's builds.

Average suckless user... I hope this one does not exist. :)
However, you can still check the source with/of a build.

There are people who prefer compiling from latest git source and others
prefer releases and using packages based on these releases.

Actually, the whole discussion came up several times on this list and in
the past, releases were provided for most of the suckless projects.

Is this changing now? I'm fine with this, but then the workflow will
change for package maintainers and they might start rolling own releases.

Regards,
Joerg