Re: [dev] [surf] Firefox's tracking protection

From: Pickfire <pickfire_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 20:28:55 +0800

On Tue, Jul 07, 2015 at 10:21:35AM +0200, Markus Teich wrote:
>Pickfire wrote:
>> I think that the ip address could be hidden by tor. I am using tor with polipo
>> to sockstify all outgoing network including surf. Is that correct?
>
>That probably works, however I recomend using the TransPort setting and a set of
>iptables/netfilter rules[0] as it avoids the need for polipo inbetween.
>
>0: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TransparentProxy

Hi,

I use polipo because it said that it could remove some header.

And I use polipo because that it is a cache server. (not sure about
using it with tor)

I took a look at the page, it is a bit hard to understand as I have yet
learn iptables.

After reading the page, I still can't get it working.

--
< Do what you like, like what you do. >