Re: [dev] [dvtm] Commands document, one page PDF

From: Greg Reagle <greg.reagle_AT_umbc.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:49:48 -0400

On Sat, Aug 8, 2015, at 02:39 PM, Ross Mohn wrote:
> I've finished a one page document of all the default commands in dvtm
> with their default key bindings. A4 and Letter formats are available at
> http://waxandwane.org/dvtm.html. The commands are organized into the
> following categories:
>
> * Windows/Client Commands
> * Layout Commands
> * Copy & Paste Commands
> * Tag Commands
> * Mouse Commands
> * Application and Miscellaneous Commands

I found your document useful, and others might find it useful too, but I
wonder if it would be good to merge your changes upstream rather than
maintaining a separate document. The man page is the definitive
documentation, and most of the information in your document is already
in the man page.

I don't know the basis for the ordering of the keyboard commands in the
man page. Is there an order or organization? Perhaps they should be
organized like in your document.

Did you know that you can very easily produce a postscript document from
a man page? On my system, doing "man -t dvtm > dvtm.ps" will do so. To
produce a PDF document, "man -t dvtm | ps2pdf - dvtm.pdf".

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin