Re: [dev] paste_AT_

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 23:00:47 +0100

On Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:42:16 +0100
Christoph Lohmann <20h_AT_r-36.net> wrote:

> the web has grown to be a big pastebin of URIs and short‐living content.
> One good example for this are paste services which don’t guarantee any‐
> thing. I came to the idea of having a paste mailinglist: All history is
> stored, nothing will vanish and it’s easy to reference to pastes in his‐
> tory.
>
> What do you think of that idea?

This is a very nice idea! I'd implement it and allow later access via
hashes (like
paste.suckless.org/e6a92ec2fe5fba022c31c32c97ea455cee4b2736). This
would make sense, as identical pastes would just be stored in the same
place (it happens often that people paste the same stuff and it would
also be a direct way to be able to check if the paste hasn't lost
integrity along the way).

Given these pastes don't take up much space, it would actually be rather
trivial to do it.
Just some webform, taking in data, generating the hashes and a file in
some directory with name as the hash and content as the paste. nothing
more. :)

Cheers

FRIGN

--