Re: [dev] [sent] 0.1 release

From: ACE <a.mad.coder_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 14:32:33 +0100

> I am happy to announce the version 0.1 release of sent, a suckless presentation
> tool.

Cool, looked at the example and I like the current state of sent.

> The next big step for the 0.2 release is to migrate from png to farbfeld.

Ouch, I feel like this deters me from using sent. None of my existing
tools create farbfeld images. The lack of widespread use of farbfeld
will likely result in me not using farbfeld and likely deter me from
using sent.

I realise libpng support can be kept via patches, but it feels like a
annoyance at that point.

Therefore I hope that png support will be kept in the official versions.

I feel like jpg would be more appealing vs farbfeld if multiple formats
are to be supported.

I get the feeling that I'm not alone with this opinion.