Re: [dev] [sent] 0.1 release

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:05:45 +0100

presentations suck.
and this shit here is worse than powerpoint cause i can't display it
on someone else's computer.

something more useful for me would be a program that takes .txt files
and converts them into powerpoint slides with double-linebreaks
indicating a new slide and the first single line break indicating some
headline of the slide. images should be added and scaled properly if a
line contains only something like this:
cdf3.png

for example:

WHY SLIDES SUCK

COME

ON,

THIS

SHIT

SUCKS

When you put one word per slide it takes longer for me to realize that
you advanced the slide than it takes for me to read a sentence. So
please don't do this hipster energetic TED talk adhd shit.
Please also don't create huge slides with many many long sentences
while you are reading out basically just those fucking sentences. I
can't listen and read at the same time. This slide is a perfect
example because it's way too long to even fit on one slide in a
readable font and way too verbose to help comprehension while someone
is talking in a shitty german accent.

A good slide

cdf1.png
The image footnote

A shitty slide with an image

-because nobody trusts us
-we create bullet points
-they look more professional than the image we stole online
-and anyways if we left these away the image would be unreadable cause
it got scaled up and then down again
-and now it also doesn't fit onto this slide, but we're squeezing it
in anyway, cause the presentation was due like an hour ago
shitty-squares-and-boxes-with-text-inside.png

Images

-perfect for slides
-talk about them
-leave away that other crap