Re: [dev] dwm: Poor performance of some games.

From: ACE <a.mad.coder_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 23:34:33 +0100

On 12/01, Draco Metallium(Rodrigo S. CaƱibano) wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 07:32:34PM -0800, Eric Pruitt wrote:
> > Does the same thing happen if you switch dwm to floating mode before
> > launching Torchlight 2?
>
> Yes, I tried swiching to floating mode first. Also tried fullscreen
> and windowed modes, none seem to work.

Do you happen to use multiple monitors? Try setting both monitors to
floating mode.

Also is the mouse capable of leaving the game area while you're playing?

When you say moving the mouse; are you referring to moving the mouse
well within the edges of the window or when you're moving in/out of the
window?

And finally do you have borders enabled? (are the borders resizing the
window to fit your monitor rather than giving the game the fullscreen
area)

I don't have Torchlight 2 so I can't test it for you. I've encountered
mouse issues with games running in WINE environments, keeping them in
floating mode tends to help a little bit. Having the borders disabled
has showed improvements in performance, it's as if the window was
resized after the game rendered; meaning the game rendered a scene for a
specific resolution and later the PC spent time resizing it to fit the
window area. The games tend to only work well on my main monitor (the
monitor where the coordinates 0,0 resides). Also I've encountered input
issues in games when synergy is running (even if the computer is the
synergy host).