[dev] advised surf-webkit2 dependency versions

From: Dominykas Mostauskis <dominykas.mostauskis_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:21:39 +0000

I'm trying to use surf's webkit2 branch, but it is behaving a bit
erradically (I will enumerate a problem or too at the end of the
email). Which versions of dependencies should I be using?

I am running Debian Stable, so it is very likely that my libraries are
outdated. I already had problems compiling, due to webkit2gtk being
too old, and runtime warnings due to soup being too old.

As to the problems I'm having. For starters, I get a maybe harmless
compile warning about string formatting[1]. In runtime, sometimes surf
behaves really strange. It does not render certain sites, like google;
the page stays blank, even though when moving the mouse around I see
that the cursor reacts to links (that are not visible to me).
Interestingly enough, when I google directly with GET request (through
a custom search function), it renders about 80% of the page, some
images are missing. I tried toggling javascript, to no avail.

[1] http://pastebin.com/bwP8NydV