[dev] Re: Bug in join.c

From: Random832 <random832_AT_fastmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 13:07:48 -0500

Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se> writes:
> I think this patch should be included. But I don't see
> how it is of substance. It will never occur with two's
> complement or ones' complement. Only, signed magnitude
> representatiion. Any sensible C compiler for POSIX
> systems will only use two's complement; otherwise
> int[0-9]*_t cannot be implemented.

I had assumed that comparing an unsigned value with a negative
number resulted in a comparison that is unconditionally false,
rather than converting one to the type of the other. Maybe
that's because I've gotten too used to non-C languages that
don't have fixed-size integers.

Sorry for the confusion.