Re: [dev] Font edition tooling

From: Mattias Andrée <maandree_AT_kth.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 15:54:17 +0100

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 09:59:37 +0000
mpu <quentin_AT_c9x.me> wrote:

> Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> > What licenses are the tools and the font? There doesn't
> > seem to be a copyright statement or license anywhere.
> > Maybe
> >I am missing something obvious...
>
> The license and the font are now public domain, maybe I'll
> put a BSD license on the font some day, when I judge the
> quality makes it worth it.
>
> -- mpu

And the tools?

I would argue you not to use public domain because
of its legal status. In most non-English speaking
countries you cannot release something as public
domain. This means that contributors from such
countries cannot contribute code under the same
"license" as the project already uses, if it is
public domain. You should also be aware that you
have to explicitly state the license. I know, its
annoying.