Re: [dev] Font edition tooling

From: mpu <quentin_AT_c9x.me>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 21:03:11 +0000

quentin_AT_c9x.me (mpu) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I wrote some tools to design bitmap fonts. Maybe you'll
> be interested.
>
> http://github.com/mpu/fnt/

I feel bad that this whole discussion ended up being about
legal matters. Because some people seem unable to simply
copy-paste 200 lines of code when it does not have a
license, I put one in the Github repo.

I think I'm starting to understand __20h__'s "copy me if you
can", maybe it should be "copy me if you dare".

To be honest I feel a bit stupid putting a license on four
glorified while loops. I'm not sure what is the limit for
requiring a license, do we need to license awk one-liners
when we paste them on IRC? If not, what was the problem
with my repository. The four files provided as source are
really almost one-liners.

I wonder if the people who just complained about (lack of)
licensing are really concerned about it or are just of the
same kind of people that find it unacceptable to write
(x - 'a') in C.

Hopefully we can now talk about what I submitted.

Cheers,

-- mpu