Re: [dev] [vis] vis lua integration not working when using lua 5.3

From: Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 19:17:09 +0100

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 03:07:28PM +0100, Silvan Jegen wrote:
> Has anyone used vis successfully with lua 5.3?

Yes I had it running with 5.3 at some point. I guess you do
not have LPeg installed (for 5.3). A first try would be to
change into the `lexers` sub directory inside the vis source
tree and start the lua interpreter:

 $ lua
> lex = require('lexer')
> lpeg = require('lpeg')

This will attempt to load the required modules which will
likely fail and print a nice error message?

> print(package.path)
> print(package.cpath)

Will print the default package paths of Lua. Running vis under
strace(1) likely reveils that the lpeg library can not be found
in those paths?

Hope that helps. And yes error reporting will eventually be
improved ...

--
 Marc André Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: 10C93617