Re: [dev] [surf] Why yank to primary instead of clipboard?

From: Martti Kühne <mysatyre_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 10:30:11 +0100

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

> This is even weirder. It pastes primary selection in terminals, but
> clipboard in surf or emacs. It's even more confusing, I will
> purposefully pretend it doesn't exist.

Seriously, if you don't like it, much of this isn't the fault of sl.
That GTK programs use a different paste buffer for ^Ins is completely
arbitrary and probably the wrong thing GTK does there, but now that
doesn't force sl software to succumb to the same weirdness - see also:
Argumentum ad popolum (developum? - totally winging this one).
You know where to find the source, so it won't be hard for you to
figure out how to apply patches.

cheers!
mar77i