[dev] [vis] dw near the end of the line

From: Random832 <random832_AT_fastmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 00:49:10 -0500

Recently, the question of the correctness of vim's behavior of 2dw on
the first of three lines of one word each came up on the vim mailing
list (it turns out that it's not correct according to POSIX, but is
shared with traditional vi).

At that time, I wasn't able to build vis to see what it does. I've since
figured out my build problem, and tested vis's behavior in this
situation.

When you delete the last word of a line in vis with the dw command, it
always deletes the newline and all following spaces and newlines
(i.e. placing the content of the next non-blank line on the current
one). This behavior differs from most other vi clones, matching only
elvis-tiny. Is this behavior intended?