Re: [dev] [sbase] missing tool - awk

From: FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 12:19:35 +0100

On Sat, 20 Feb 2016 09:06:05 -0200
Alba Pompeo <albapompeo_AT_gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Alba,

> I understood that sbase would create its own awk and ignore OTA. But
> the idea is to not have an awk and just point to OTA? Just like
> there's no sh and suckless just points to mksh? This is what I was
> suggesting from the start, so if this is the case I'm regret the
> confusion.

toybox and busybox ship their own sh's. It's extremely irresponsible,
considering that toybox is only maintained by 1 person.
One always has to keep in mind how many people can effectively work
on a project and keep track of bugs and other problems.
mksh is an excellent choice for a shell, and there are enough awk
implementations around.
Maybe I'll add an entry on http://core.suckless.org about awk, as I
already recommend a sh there. Which one would you guys suggest?

Cheers

FRIGN

--
FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de>