Re: [dev] suckless shared tools

From: Marc Collin <marc.collin7_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 20:53:48 -0300

I did a one-liner that finds every file named "arg.h", extract their
last modified date, get the "arg.h" that was last modified, and
replace all "arg.h" with this latest version (arg.h from the project
that last updated it). This one-line can be run by who has access to
all repositories on git.suckless.org. Just run it on the root
directory and all projects will receive the latest "arg.h". The bad
side of this? It's manual. Every time any "arg.h" is updated, you'll
have to run the one-liner. Maybe someone has a better idea? Why is no
project currently using libsl? Is it because it comes with other stuff
besides arg.h and that's usually useless for many projects?

Anyway here's the one-liner I described above.

find ./ -name "arg.h" -exec cp `find ./ -name "arg.h" | xargs stat |
grep -e File -e Modify | cut -c 9-27 | tr '\n' ' ' | sed
's/\.\//\n.\//g' | sed '1d' | awk '{ print $2 " " $3 " " $1}' | sort |
tail -n 1 | cut -c 21-` {} \;