Re: [dev] structural regular expression support for vis

From: Connor Lane Smith <cls_AT_lubutu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:46:40 +0100

On 27 March 2016 at 17:10, Marc André Tanner <mat_AT_brain-dump.org> wrote:
> You could also try `make local` which might or might not work ...

It didn't. Anyway, today I unfortunately found myself with nowt but a
Mac, though I did manage to get vis to compile. I had to make a couple
of changes to get it to work. Diff attached, if you're interested. It
needed _DARWIN_C_SOURCE because SIGWINCH is neither POSIX nor XSI.

Some problems I came across:

Just a config issue I suppose, but I kept quitting the editor by
accident, having typed 'x/foo/' without ':sam' in front of it.

If you write ':sam x' then I would expect it to split the selection
into lines (defaulting to /.*/), as 'x' would in sam. Instead it says
"bad regular expression."

':sam x/.*/g/foo/' selects those lines containing foo, but ':sam
x/.*/' followed by ':sam g/foo/' seems to result in all but the last
selection being lost.

Selections seemed dodgy after I did ':sam y/bar/'. I'm not sure what
their behaviour was after that, but it didn't seem at all consistent
again until I hit ESC.

I also got it to segfault on master, but there was a bit of
key-mashing (in the command entry box) and I haven't managed to
reproduce it.

I'll let you know if I have any more progress with it.

Thanks,
Connor