Re: [dev] [question] Does bash suck?

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2016 16:25:44 +0200

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016, Marc Collin <marc.collin7_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
>> OpenBSD's ksh is excellent, but not sure if it was ever ported anywhere
> It was, and it's called loksh. stali recommends it.
> https://github.com/dimkr/loksh

Yep, just saw it mentioned in the thread. I'm surprised this exists and
is actually recommended - a lot of cool OpenBSD stuff tends to stay
OpenBSD-only.

> Maybe there could be a flag option to disable horizontal scrolling?

Dug into man and source. The horizontal scrolling behavior seems tied
with the "emacs" line edit mode. If disabled (set +o emacs), it's gone,
together with any line editing capability (e.g. C-a prints '^A').

It would be cool to have a separate flag for that. I'd have to dust off
my C skills...

Thanks!
K.