Re: [dev] Languages that suck (was "Note On Webkit Versions")

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 11:21:54 +0200

On Mon, 02 May 2016, FRIGN <dev_AT_frign.de> wrote:
> Benjamin Franklin said this:
> “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they
> deserve, either one.”
> And this defines what it's all about.
> C is all about freedom, and any measure a higher level language applies
> is a cut in freedom while increasing "security". There's no way around
> it.

Pretty interesting take. However there's a big difference between the
state and a programming language - you can easily choose the one you
like, to get one job done, and you don't have to give up on another for
a different job.

I wouldn't write an OS kernel in Python, and I would never bother
writing a webapp backend in C. If I were writing a compiler for a new
language (even C-like), I would start in Python! Then rewrite the
compiler in the target language, and throw away the initial Python
implementation.