[dev] running dwm from/with gnome

From: Britton Kerin <britton.kerin_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 14:05:58 -0800

I just replaced ancient laptop yes I hate gnome3 too now but having
lots of other shit to do and already behind from this "upgrade" I
can't afford break my whole system lose desktop icons etc all at once

Is it possible to run dwm and keep my desktop icons somehow? I have
most of my projects sort of geographically organized there which sucks
I know but I'd rather not lose it right now. I found lots of ancient
pages about this I'm wondering if there's a particular known-good
modern way. I'm on debian 4.9

thanks,
Britton