Re: [dev] which versions are dwm patches intended to apply to cleanly?

From: Ben Woolley <tautolog_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 14:49:34 -0700

Late reply to this, but I favor the git branch approach as you suggest. It is already a dependency, so why not use it for its intended purpose?

The great thing about a branch is that it is easy to use the version the patch is for, and update as desired. The tools to manage the use cases around a patch are already built into git.

Remember, git was originally created to solve the problem of concurrently managing many large patch sets from distributed sources. Isn't that the problem here?