Re: [dev] Shell style guide

From: hiro <23hiro_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 21:52:09 +0200

> Sadly there is a lot of software these days that requires bash.

Nothing important that needs to be part of suckless projects anyway.
You have to pick, indeed, between plan9 compatible, rc shell, or posix
compatible: bourne shell. Anything else is a waste of time imo. If
these two options aren't enough just use C or simplify your crazy
script in other ways, call other helper programs, etc.

>Sure they can work, but once you need to nest they are a fragile PITA.
> I think "$()" is more readable and easier to use.

Then just disallow nested backticks.

I don't manage to have an opinion about the echo issue.