Re: [dev] several questions

From: Sylvain BERTRAND <sylvain.bertrand_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:12:00 +0200

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:45:00AM -0400, stephen Turner wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 04:32:18PM -0400, stephen Turner wrote:
> >> currently understand it bash at the least is expected to compile the linux
> >> kernel. Is there any suitable projects that you may have seen around the

Last time I compiled a linux kernel (a year ago), I did it with dash.

The script which links the linux kernel was full of bash-isms. I fixed this, a
year and a half ago, with the guy in charge of kbuild in the linux fondation,
a.k.a. Michal Marek (once he was kind of forced to apply my patches by Ingo
Molnar and Greg K.H. ...).

I will soon compile a recent linux kernel (with that c++ garbage which is gcc
unfortunately) for x86_64/x86 and see if that kbluid was damaged again.

--
Sylvain