Re: [dev] Suckless e-comerce script proposal

From: Kamil Cholewiński <harry666t_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:02:37 +0200

On Thu, 22 Sep 2016, Joseph Graham <joseph_AT_xylon.me.uk> wrote:
> I would like some feedback on some ideas I have for a script to make a very
> simple, but very secure, e-commerce website. Maybe it can be "slecommerce".

I don't think highly domain-specific applications belong under the
suckless umbrella. While each suckless tool does one thing, and does it
well, the applications are always very broad. st is not a
nethack-playing terminal, it's a terminal; dmenu is not just yet another
command launcher, it's a generic menu system; etc.

Of course it doesn't hurt to take some of the suckless principles (e.g.
less code, clean code, simple architecture, few dependencies), and apply
in your own projects.

(just my $.02)

<3,K.