Re: [dev] sbase installed first impressions

From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 20:05:59 -0400

Thanks Alex. I have followed landley as well and he is pretty sharp
especially on history. He does make a valid point that we really don't
need the file system laid out the way it is, and i can see why people
would like to have it set up more simply like stali. I myself was
tempted with the simplicity but it just doesn't feel right to me.

One thought does occur to me, I have been quoted posix in this thread
for reasons why features are not included and yet this isn't posix.
That being said, i wouldn't mind trying to help add something such as
a script for example to provide an option for the traditional layout
for those who opt for it. The question would be the implementation
method. Perhaps taking a play from "make suckless-box-install" and
calling it "make traditional-install" or such. I will inevitably
script something out for myself if this isn't available so i don't see
any reason not to contribute unless its considered out of scope for
the project.