Re: [dev] [discussion] editors

From: Cág <caoc_AT_riseup.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2016 21:40:58 +0100

Joseph Graham wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am quite strange because I use both VIM and GNU Emacs. Emacs for
> programming
> and VIM for general use (such as typing this email, editing config
> files).

You are quite strange not typing this email with Emacs and Gnus (:

> VIM is really hard to use which makes it prestigious. Emacs is not much
> harder
> to use than nano.

Wow, I think it's vice versa. I was in trouble remembering which one is
correct: C-x C-c or C-c C-x. Also, customising it seemed really hard
to me.

> I personally find syntax highlighting usefull when programming.

I though it was too, but when I understood that I spend more time
looking for a perfect theme than writing code and tried turning it off
for a while, I realised I don't need it. Also, some say it is
distracting.

Cág