Re: [dev] [discussion] editors

From: Markus Teich <markus.teich_AT_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 12:05:27 +0200

pranomestro_AT_gmail.com wrote:
> I can't be bothered with writing an own vi/vis/vim layout for the keyboard
> layout I use (neo2).

Heyho,

I also use the neo2 keyboard layout with vim for a few years now. I don't
understand why you would have to change the keybindings at all, since the
mapping of letters to functions is quite self-explanatory. If you fear you would
screw up any existing muscle memory of qwerty-mappings, let me encourage you to
try the switch, it doesn't take long to adapt. Another benefit of using vim with
neo2 is that you free up the hjkl keys since neo2 has them included on layer 4.

--Markus