Re: [dev] [stali] The stali way to wifi

From: Anselm R Garbe <garbeam_AT_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 07:57:44 +0200

On 19 October 2016 at 19:10, stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner_AT_gmail.com> wrote:
> So i briefly viewed the svc scripts, it appears that you have for the
> most part recreated daemon-tools in script form?

Are you talking about svc? Actually I did not create them and never
understood the need for them

My take is to keep everything in rc.init resp. rc.exit. I don't need
on demand services. If something should run as a daemon then it either
daemonized itself in the -d tradition or one uses some small helper
daemonizer. But still, I only need init and exit, no extra on demand
runlevel or whatever.

Actually I'm considering taking the stali approach a bit further than
just having a source-oriented target-compile. I'm considering to also
have a source-oriented configuration with a static target setup. In
other words, if one sees the need to "configure" stali, one does it in
its source, similar to the tradition of config.h instead. This
particularly applies for rc.init/exit.

Cheers,
Anselm